Wednesday, July 6, 2011

working woman

I am currently in Wyoming and I will be here for the next 3 weeks or so. How this came to be, you ask? Well, here you go:

My family and I headed up here on the 1st for a family reunion. While at this reunion, my uncle Nathan and my aunt Courtney (we'll call them Uncle and Aunt) approached my cousin Megan (we'll call her Cousin) and I about a job offer. Uncle said that he'd keep us here for the next few weeks, until the end of July. Cousin and I would be cleaning the laundromat that Uncle and Aunt own, washing and folding sheets for the inn that Uncle and Aunt own, watching Uncle and Aunt's kids (we'll call them little ones, for now), doing yard work for Uncle and Aunt and Grandma (who lives next door), and anything else that needs to be done. So, Cousin and I thought about it and decided we'd love to.

So now I'm a working woman, earning $60 a day, and spending a lot of time with family... especially little ones. I'm sure that home is fun, but I'm liking it up here so far. We'll see how long that lasts. {smiley face} I'm sure there are opportunities and experiences coming my way, though, that will be worth so much more than the 300 dollar check at the end of the week. I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store for me in this mini journey of the story I call Life.

P.S. If you're wondering where all of the posts about my friends are going, they are still well and alive... in my heart. I don't have pictures of them on the computer I have, so I guess I'll get back to that when I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment