Tuesday, July 5, 2011

snap, crackle, pop

Pause! I'm going to take a break discussing my friends for a few days and tell you about some of the stuff that is happening to me currently.

July 4, 2011 - awesome.

Here's my explanation as to why I so thoroughly enjoyed this day above others in the past:

So I'm up here at Wyoming for a family reunion. I'm with my cousins in Evanston. Evanston is big on fireworks. They are nicknamed Pyro City. It's a big deal here. So anyways, my cousins and I head to their grandma's house for dinner and firework festivities. It's a tradition to sit on grandma's roof and watch the fireworks, apparently. I was expecting to watch a firework show going on a few miles away... little did I know what I was in for.

I sat on the rooftop with my cousin, Mia, and her cousin, Stashia. I'm surrounded by two 7 year old blondies and I can't help but feel like a young girl myself. Lauging and clapping, giggling and screaming at every firework that blew up in the sky. You'd think it was my first time seeing fireworks. Why I was so pleased with these fireworks in particular you ask? It's because in Evanston, EVERYONE does fireworks. They had a big show going on at the baseball field (within eyeshot of grandma's house), there were people doing them across the street and around the neighborhood, the city does a big show on "E Hill" at 10:00 pm, and so much more. In every direction I looked, 360 degrees around me, there were fireworks lighting up the sky. It was AMAZING!

I wanted to include a picture of how incredibly beautiful it was, but I didn't get one... It wouldn't do them justice anyways. Man, it was a great night. So much happiness all over a bunch of light. {smiley face} All I know is that I may be making a few more trips to Evanston over the next few years at this particular time of the season... Hey, they don't call it Pyro City for nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Hailey thanks for hitching a ride on the Evanston/ Lyman train without me! Incredible blog. I like it a lot, you are easily the best person to start a blog. Too creative! Well you keep me updated on those crazy Red Devils and I'll let you know what's going on down here in O Town. Love you Hailey and be safe for the next month alright, you know how we be!

    ReplyDelete