College. A word that terrified me towards the end of my senior year. Now, as I'm here in college I realize that "college" is a very broad term. The school aspect of college is so so right now. Yeah, I like most of my classes, but I'm still apprehensive about tests and such. The living-away-from-home part of college is great! Ha, I LOVE Heritage Halls and it's still so nice to be able to go home home when I need to. The social aspect of college is also great. I'm meeting tons of new people - a lot of them I'll probably never see again, but nonetheless {smiley face}.
Then there comes the YSA Ward. I love my ward. Lots of really awesome girls and lots of really cute boys {smiley face}. The other great/terrifying thing about this ward - I was called to be one of the Relief Society Presidents. Yeah, that calling... When the Bishop calls you in for a second interview in the same week, you kind of expect it though. But, I truly am thankful for this calling. Don't get me wrong, I cried when I got home after the interview, but I now realize that the Lord would have me do this. He called me. He will prepare me. Soooo, here's how I look at it: I get to leave with (hopefully [cross your fingers]) 57 new friends! 57 girls that I get to serve all the time and 57 people that I know will bless my life. I look forward to the work ahead and am grateful that I was called to serve.
No comments:
Post a Comment